As we saw just last week, a tropical storm can wreak havoc on a city like Miami. Do you have an IT Disaster Recover Plan?
Last year, many businesses in the city were left to pick up the pieces in the aftermath of another storm. The need for business continuity plans can no longer be ignored. Storm predictions rise for the current Hurricane Season. (Business continuity is an organization’s ability to maintain essential functions during and after a disaster has occurred.) Make sure your business is prepared with a Disaster Recovery Plan. Don’t wait until a storm is in your city to start your plans on recovery.
Some services to look into are DRaaS and BaaS. A great Cloud Backup and Recovery Plan allow you to get ahead and your customers will thank you for it.
If you need help getting started, here are 5 steps to get started on your IT Disaster Recovery Plan (or see image to right.)
- IDENTIFY – WHAT OPERATIONS ARE CRITICAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR BUSINESS. WHAT OPERATIONS IF INTERRUPTED WOULD IMPACT YOUR ABILITY TO OPERATE?
- EVALUATE – BY WORKING WITH DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS TO IDENTIFY POSSIBLE DISASTER SCENARIOS.
- CREATE – AN OPEN COMMUNICATION PLAN THAT ASSIGNS ROLES TO SPECIFIC PEOPLE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENTS.
- DEVELOP – A DATA BACKUP + RECOVERY PLAN INCLUDING SOLUTIONS TO FIX PROBLEMS, CONTINUE MONITORING, AND TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS WITH INSTRUCTIONS.
- TEST – YOUR PLAN + MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO GAPS OR VULNERABILITIES, MAKE NECESSARY STEPS TO STRENGTHEN.